Imp. Indian links
Free Download Masters Course
Web Promotion Tips & Tutorials
Search Engine Optimization
Search Engine Optimization Services
Search Engine Ranking
Search Engine Tactics
Search Engine Marketing
Search Engine Optimization Softwares
Google Adwords Guides, eBooks
Pay Per Click Search Engine Traffic - PPC
Know How to Earn Money Online
Join Affiliate Programs
Two Tier Affiliate Programs
Affiliate Marketing eBooks, Tutorials
Google Adsense Tips, Tutorials
Know how to do Business from Home
Weekly Updated Articles
Internet Marketing Web Promotoin
Master Series Web Design Development
Web Design Tips Tutorials
Biz Tips Tutorials
13 Ways To Destroy Your Website
by Scott J. Patterson
With all the talk of how to make a great website and ways to keep visitors, it is important to also understand the other side of designing an Internet business.
Every day, thousands of websites are finding unique ways to turn away visitors and potential customers. Although many webmasters know about the obvious “turn-offs”, there are many little details that “tick-off” visitors and make them leave.
In fact, I have found that there are 13 “small” items that can make or break a website. To avoid having your visitors “click-away” from your site make sure that you include the following things:
1) A Professional Appearance: Most websites don’t need flash effects or dazzling visuals. But, your Internet business should be perceived as legitimate site, built by someone who cares about the content and appearance. In other words, the colors and graphics should blend well with one another. In addition, all web-copy should be dynamic and devoid of grammar or spelling mistakes. Finally, any images on the page should enhance the experience for your visitors without distracting them.
2) Proper Navigation: The pages on your website should be easily connected. To do this, every section should connect to the main page, with a clear and concise menu. Don’t make your visitors spend a lot of time looking for different sections. Help them by ensuring that the navigation of your site remains constant throughout all pages.
3) An Obvious Theme: Your index page should immediately let the visitor know what you are selling or promoting. Usually the best way to do this is by briefly describing the purpose of your website and include product photos that can help people understand your purpose.
4) A Logo: One of the best ways to “brand” your site and remain unique is to have a logo for your Internet business. By having a logo, your website is more likely to make an “impression” with your visitors and develop a following. Any logo used needs to be consistent with the theme and color scheme of your site.
5) FAQs: There will be times when your visitors have a question that is not covered by the standard descriptions or sales pages. To help them out, it is important to have a section that is devoted to answering common questions. By creating a FAQ page, your prospects can easily find the answers to their questions and will be more likely to order from your site.
6) What’s New Section: With repeat visitors, there will be times when you want to update them with current news or promotions. The best way to do this is to create a “What’s New” section. That way, you can inform old visitors, while making sure that they know about all current marketing campaigns.
7) Contact Information: Eventually, your website visitor will have a question for you. Because of this, it is vital that you list all possible ways that they can reach you. By creating a contact page, you will be able to answer questions and reinforce the fact that there is an actual person behind the website.
8) Feedback Forms: The best websites always change, catering to the needs of the visitor. In order to find out what your customers need, it is important to solicit feedback from them. A common way to do this is by creating a feedback form on the site, which includes questions that will help improve the overall quality of the Internet business.
10) Email List: Top websites work on developing an email list of prospects that can be contacted in the future. This should go without saying, but your email list subscription area should have a prominent position on your web page. In addition, include a quick blurb about any incentive that you offer to visitors for joining the list.
11) About Us: Most website visitors appreciate knowing that a business is run by an actual human being. To help personalize your website, you need to include a little information about both you and your online business.
12) Sales Page: Even with the best product descriptions, it is important to create a dedicated page that describes how your products are superior to your competitors. This section should be a summary of all your key features written in a dynamic tone. Basically, you want your visitors to read this page and immediately buy from you. An example of a sales page, can be seen from my own site: http://mizambar.com/whyevileye.html .
13) Refund/Return Policy On the other side, there will be times when a customer is not happy. To help alleviate any fears that they might have about purchasing online, there needs to be a section where potential customers can read your rules on accepting returns and refunds. Carefully list how and if you accept refunds. If you do not, then be upfront about it.
Because there are over a million websites on the Internet, it is now vital that you give your visitors what they need. Unfortunately, they will never tell you what is necessary. But, by including these 13 items in the design of your website, you can assured that you will have a distinct advantage over your competitor’s Internet business.
About the Author
Scott J. Patterson designed and promoted his own online store with NO computer experience. To find out how he did it, be sure to check out a FREE copy of his ebook:
How To Build Your First Web Site
How to Design a Website for the Search Engines
10 Tips on designing a fast loading web site
7 Web Site Design Mistakes That Will Lose You Clients
Seven Ways to Put Your Business Online And The One Guaranteed Way to Do It at No Cost
13 Ways To Destroy Your Website
How to customize web templates on your own to create unique websites
Basic Web Design Principles
Making Better Web Graphics that grab your attention and load FAST
The technical stuff
Use Server Side Includes To Ease Your Workload
Design an Eye Catching Website
How does your website measure up
Are Web Templates Worth It?
Hexadecimal Color Notation on the Web
Gain an edge by viewing your competitors source code
eCommerce Web Design Solutions
Conversion Counts: Improving Web Conversion Rates
Click for more Articles on Web Designing .... more
| How to determine the link popularity of a web page | Worldwide, Countrywide, Global & Local Major Search Engines | Learn How to Optimize Page to Get Top Rankings in Search Engines | How to Design Good Looking Website | Effective Web Site Promotion - Is An Art Learn How To Promote your Website | Affiliate Revenue Information How To Earn From your Website
Address : Station Road, Behind Nagrik Stores,
Pandit House, Thane (W) - 400601 Maharashtra ( India )
Please Send your Suggetions &
Comments on email@example.com
Your Search Engine Ranking! 200+ pages of search engine strategies all
FREE to you immediately
Google Never Told You About Making
Money With Adsense
Triple Your Traffic
in 90 Days Guaranteed
Affiliate Commissions From Even Those Visitors Who Don't Click Your
Affiliate Link!" Click Here to find out How
Untold Traffic Secrets from Me to You Aabsolutely Free :
Powerful Traffic Generation Tips for the Next Generation of Affiliate